Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ever wonder what it's like going on the Daily Show?

Ever wonder what it's like?



1. Don't expect any warm up. Jon Stewart comes into the green room before the show and chats with you for about 3 minutes. The conversation in my case focused exclusively on the contents of my Daily Show gift bag.*

2. You'll have about an hour to hang out and get nervous before you go on. A staff member on the show is there to distract you. In my case she told me the story of one former interviewee who sweated so profusely that he nearly shorted out the lavalier microphone. (To be fair to the staffer, the context of the story was - "that rarely happens.")


I think my favorite is that the gift basket includes two bottles of liquor, one being cherry flavored vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment